German Red Angelfish Still Around?

CursiveDuck

Just recently picked up a couple blue marbled, platinums, cobalt blues from work, and have fallen into a craze. I was reading about angels and colour varietys and fell in love with the red colours on angels. Just wondering if the red varient is still around? And how one would go about getting his hands on some.

The reddest angels I have seen even somewhat recently were some WC Peruvians that I had about 5 yrs ago. They looked amazing! I had 6 and sold all but 2 when it looked like they'd paired off. It turned out they were Bussom buddies - 2 males! :(

The nicest wild reds are P. scalare sp. Rio Manacapuru from Brazil. I always keep my eyes open for them when going through Brazilian exporters stock lists but no luck yet.

Hey JORG if you manage to find some let me know, I'd be down for a pair. I've been doing research and the german reds are a cross containing two recessive genes, lately breeders have just been dying blushings to get the red in the angels -.-

Where did you pick up the platinums, blue marble, blue cobalts etc. out here in B.C. I havent seen any of them... no breeders either

You can find those from 2 sponsors here, either Aquarium Central or from Fairdeal. The blue cobalts I saw at Aquarium Central about a month ago were a philippine blue silver that some wholesaler stuck a fancy name on but their color was nice.

I got em from my work, Aquarium Central, if you give him a shout on here Tuan can probably ship some too you as well, fairdeal carrys some as well I do believe. They're from a local breeder here in alberta. I can post some pictures later if you want to see them showing off :).

Pricewise, the colbalts sell for about 29.99, the Marbled at 35.00, platinums I think were cheap at 9.99-12.99 or something but don't quote me on that at all.

Edited by CursiveDuck