Ram Pooping Fuzz?

SuperGuppyGirl

So my lil Female Gold Veil Ram has been off color lately and been watching her closely, still eating somewhat not as much as before but seems lethargic in her movements where she was active before, and now seems to be pooping out fuzzy cotton poop???? I did a 25% WC on last Sunday (march 11), if you click on pic you can see the poop as a white blob under her pectoral fin, sorry phone cam only no camera

water parameters :

GH 180 ppm

KH 180 ppm

No3 160

No2 0

PH 6.5

ammonia 0.2

temp 82F/25C (outside strip on bottom of tank)

Symptoms:

rapid breathing

white fluff poop (like a piece pulled off a cotton ball)

lightened washed out coloring

little more shy

staying more mid level in tank than bottom

swollen reddened anus

possible white pimple near anus

poor appetite

Tank:

75 Gallons

Fluval 404

tank up and running for 3months

rounded gravel

fake plants

Tankmates:

6 neon tetras

6 rummy nose tetras

1 dwarf gourami

1 A. bitinadae (F)

1 A. Pandura (F)

3 otocinclus

3 swordtails

1 orange seam pleco

1 clown pleco

3 bumblebee platies

1 veriartus

10 corys

15 guppies (M)

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

are you sure there is no red worms in the poop?

alot of those symptoms are for callamnus worms.

but it could be something i just have never encountered as well...... good luck

edit-

judging from the picture its not callamnus worms.....when my one tank had it their anus's were not that red.

maybe feed it some pees....if it is constipated that would help

Edited by Sprucegruve

going to give it a whirl, just tossed in some fungus guard hoping that kills it, but searched the web like crazy, couldn't find anything, but not calamanus worms just had that in my other 75gallon, and dosed all the tanks for good measure, even though there was no sign of worms or deaths in other tanks, hoping this works as really getting bummed by the sickness in the big tanks

do you make any home made food for your fish/shrimp/or snails?

if you do i have a bunch of green calcium montmorillonite clay,it helps fish with parasites.

i bought 2LB's i could weigh some out and give you a little bit at the sunday auction

edit-looking at my meds

i bought a bunch of SeaChem neoplex,kanaplex,ploygard

and methylene blue,metronidazole powder,and praziquantel powder from kens fish if you need to buy any

Edited by Sprucegruve

Garlic also helps with internal problems. You can try soaking your food in garlic, or get some NLS Thera+A.

well talked to T at AC, she apparently has hole in the head disease, so jacked the heat and added some Parasite clear, since it has praziquantel and metronidazole, here's hoping it works, first calamanus then columnaris now this any other major fresh water diseases I should get next? or have I gotten all the major ones lol

Sorry to hear about your fish.

Any time there is a chance of a bacterial infection, you do NOT want to raise the temperature, you want to lower it slightly if anything. Raising the temp will send most bacterial infections into overdrive. While it's anyones guess as to what the primary cause for all of this is, I do believe that the swollen red anus is the sign of a secondary bacterial infection setting in, probably from issues with something that began internally.

This has nothing to do with HITH disease, although there has been some connections shown between hexamita/spironucleus flagellates & hole in the head, it's kind of like saying the egg came before the chicken. Using Parasite Clear is a decent option, as the metro/prazi combo will clear up a lot of internal parasites, and the added acriflavine will help fight off any secondary infections.

If your fish is still eating, even just a bit, I highly recommend the treatment described in the following link. This will clear up internal pathogens such as hexamita/spironucleus. You can do this in conjunction with your PC treatment.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=29679

Hope that helps.