A Lunch Time Surprise

Fisher

What all is in the tank? Those 'eggs' don't look familiar to me; tho, I have heard of muluscs leaving calcium deposits I they have more than they need for proper shell growth. Could be from the snails, I guess, but that seems very unlikely in FW.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What all is in the tank? Those 'eggs' don't look familiar to me; tho, I have heard of muluscs leaving calcium deposits I they have more than they need for proper shell growth. Could be from the snails, I guess, but that seems very unlikely in FW.

bn pleco, aruii, corys, apple snails, white clouds, sae, shrimp.

I saw this array of knobs before the corys arrived, but not as many; and two singles that appeared on my driftwood.

Today, they are flat. I pulled them out; their slimey texture prompted me to make some toast and jam.

I have three purple apples, everyone comments on them. I have some really nice fish but the snails seem to be the talk of the tank!

I'm a fan. They're behavior is, at times, entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing the little ones grow. This afternoon, my wife and I talked about spotting another tank in the livingroom.

i also quite enjoy watching my apple snails move around my tank. I got this one from PJs pets that is the size of a plum. Also got a few from a fellow AA member that are growing quite nicely. I would put the white egg looking things in a small tank and see what grows. Not apple snails as I hear they lay eggs above water and it looks like chewing gum.