A Lunch Time Surprise

Fisher

This isn't so much a question about fry as it is sharing my tank dwellers' victory.

After watching about 8 apple clutches of various sizes and locations, I came home to find my tank glass sprinkled with little white snails.

Looking closer, I also spied little spheres that didn’t look so snail-like. These two photos are for you Jayba.

I am in the process of rounding up a small tank to transfer the eggs to.

edit: snail photos removed

Edited by Fisher

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAN!!! I knew I should have said "yes" when you asked me about those fish, Jay!!

I am so jealous. :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Reading this might feel a lot like chewing tinfoil, but this is the second time these eggs showed up.

On March 2, three weeks after I got them home, there were 4 eggs in there that I could see. 5 days later - gone. I was kicking t-rds down the road for not having a spare tank to put them in -and- I was too embarassed to go public.

I certainly didn't expect to see these either - just about peed myself running down the stairs, got cheesed when I realized I still didn't have a spare tank ready to go... sigh. The scene here this afternoon was alot like keystone cops. And I was thinking about you Jay, grinning the whole time.

I'm counting 16 eggs; 6 are stuck to the suction tube just above the inlet screen. And it's raining apple snails ta boot!

Don't be too envious Jason. Even a blind chicken can find a kernal of corn.

I'll be in touch Steve. And I'll keep everyone posted.

Does anyone here know where to get this type of cory? Are they even found in stores around here?? Mko was wanting some for his new tank it's the first time I have seen/heard about them.

They are stunning, congrats!