Best Place To Purchase Shrimp (Calgary)

Jarviek

I am just starting up a small shrimp tank. (Fluval Edge 6 gallon). I have seen a reasonable selection at Pisces, but not much of a selection anywhere else.

Does anybody know of another place to buy shrimp. I have some RCS in my other tank, so am looking for something different.

Thanks

-Kent

Does Frank have a website or thread where he posts his stock and prices?

He usually posts on BCA, just not very often. You can also google "Ebi-Ken" and check out his blogspot which lists what he has available.

I saw through twitter that riverfront has some good quality red cherry shrimp right now. Pisces had some nice bumblebee yesterday as well.

Unfortunately, my tank is still cycling, so just playing the waiting game now.

I have settled on yellow shrimp for now, and will add more compatible varieties after everything stabilizes.

I dropped in on Riverfront the other day, the "A" grade Crystal Red Shrimps are actually more closer to what would be consider SS/SS+ grade. There was something lost in translation there as in Asia CRS's are generally denoted by their pattern type (i.e. hiro / no-entry, mosura etc;) followed by their grade; A or S - with A being the lower grade. The ones they are have are basically A grade Hiro / No-entry CRS. Wayne was telling me this was the first time he tried bringing in higher grade CRS - definitely the first time i seen higher grade CRS like this at a LFS in Calgary!