My Tank So Far

jamesbarr

hey all

just wanted to post some pictures of my set up so far. Lots of help for the design came from this site and its members. So I figured I own you all some shots. Thanks for your help so far!

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them :)

post-5131-0-00240200-1332897753_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-12399600-1332897760_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-73533500-1332897767_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-93313900-1332897773_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Ill do my best to keep posting more pictures as things get more established :)

My anubius flowered today and I have a picture of that but I cant figure out how to post pictures in my replies....

dscf0052jc.jpg

Edited by jamesbarr

Pretty good start :thumbs:

If you're looking for some suggestions I'd say add some more plants and maybe a piece of driftwood or some other decoration to give a bit of height. Also a background would help cover up the cords and stuff in the back. Thats probably the easiest way to make a tank look nicer instantly. You can use anything from fabrics, papers, plastics, or those already printed with a picture backgrounds.

hey vallisneria

I took your advice on a background, I put a light grey towel on the back there. I dont really like printed background ie; plant pictures and so on.

The towel made a major difference! I really makes the light reflect nicely into the tank, making the tank seem brighter, and it also makes my fish stand out a lot more.

Thanks for the advice! I dont think that my lfs stocks driftwood, (im from a small town) so I will have to wait for a bit to get into edmonton for that.

If you're up near Barrhead you should be able to find some driftwood up there somewhere. It might take some hunting and then prep work but probably not much worse than hunting it down in Edmonton. Just take a walk down to the creek or lake. I'm going to give it a try this spring and see what I can come up with. :D

Really like how clear and clean your tank looks. I would add a couple more rocks or driftwood as hardscapes to fill up some space and to create some focal points. You could probably pull off an iwagumi look if you really wanted :D Otherwise the fish and plants look really happy!

thanks for the encouragement! I was thinking of a iwagumi tank, but got scared because Ive never done one. I dnt know how to get that ground cover look that I see whenever I see one of them. I have some umbrella hairgrass that has taken in my tank half decent. Maybe someone has some experience with it. I got the hairgrass at the spring auction and have never mucked with it before and have no idea how it behaves....

Any tips?

Thanks! Ill do my best to keep posting more pictures as things get more established :)

My anubius flowered today and I have a picture of that but I cant figure out how to post pictures in my replies....

http://albertaaquati...showtopic=35943

take a look @ that, will help you out.

hey got this figured out thanks :)

Edited by jamesbarr