Aquarium Illusions Servicing

Yorgi

Has anyone here had experience with the maintenancing they offer? I am considering using this serivce in hopes that their expertise will help avoid alot of rookie mistakes. Seems like an reasonable cost considering the costs of unnecessary mistakes

I don't really know how much they charge, but my fiancee started her salt tank this past winter and although she has made a couple mistakes nothing serious has happened. Aside from getting velvet coming in on a new fish and it killing off all the fish... fortunately we took some good advice and bought cheap starter fish so we were only out about $45.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's not that hard as long as you read and research it and if you begin with a minimal livestock investment even the mistakes you do make (and you are going to make some) aren't going to destroy your wallet.

Mistakes happen in saltwater and they cost money. If I were you I would make the mistakes, learn from them and have a better knowledge of a saltwater tank.

Ive been reefing for 10 years and still make mistakes because you always want to push the envelope and try new things. But you learn what you can do and what you cant.

I have dealt with them alot, and Shawn the head guy is amazingly helpful, doesn't mind tons of questions and will go out of his way to try and find an answer, I only deal anymore with them and Aquarium Central, but honestly is up to you if you choose to use them or pick everyone's brains here, but have to say they are good people and extremely helpful and love shooting the breeze about the fishes and equipment