freshmike

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He has a min order of 2K US.

Let me know when you're ready to order. ;)

He's also responsible for developing approx 25 strains of albino fish. He's obviously not a purist when it comes to African species, he breeds them as a business. He told me that even though some of these strains took over 10 years to develop to the point that they are 99% pure, in the end they are all developed from cross breeding.

If in fact he alone developed 25 albino strains, how may more albino African strains does that leave?

Just so there's no confusion, I have no problem if people want to keep OB Peacocks, or albino strains, that's up to each individual to decide.

My post here was simply a FYI.

BTW - here's a past thread on another forum that covers this subject in more detail. http://www.riftcichlidforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=810

Well, thank you for taking the time to share what you know about them, as I have also looked for them on the net and such, all I have come up with are white ones with black eyes...they are very beautiful fish...and although mine probably are not pure either, I am sure there are enough people out there that will be interested in them that I can spread them around. They are not like the perlmutt/caeruleus hybrids that I have to keep within my family, thankfully.

It's okay Val....I don't think FreshMike will take it too hard coming from someone who bought his first cichlids ever about a month ago.

-01- yourself Dean. :lol:

All in good fun, right?

I have also looked for them on the net and such, all I have come up with are white ones with black eyes...they are very beautiful fish...and although mine probably are not pure either, I am sure there are enough people out there that will be interested in them that I can spread them around.

Do a google search on albino ahli ....... lots of pink eyed fryeri out there.