Green Lazer Corys

Aquarium Central here in Edmonton, fairly cheap too considering they arent easy to find local, 29.99 each but they are healthy and come from a quality store who does quarantine prior to putting them up for sale

I picked up some orange stripe (gold laser) from aquarium illusions here in Edmonton, for 20 each that came in with their order so loving that koi season is almost over so the better fresh water stock can come in

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Have you had any luck in breeding (or at least getting eggs from) any of your cories?

I have 1F, 3M Cory ehrhardti, and they just refuse to lay eggs.

They are some young from the breeding group that I had. They are easy to spawn once they are mature. How old are they? They do like using a spawning mop, and if you have any cover in the tank some fry will survive.

I have several fat females ripe with eggs but considering they are in a community tank they are most likely getting eaten in mine :cry: but are you doing daily cooler water changes ? Some corys will eat eggs as well and make sure you have alot of water movement. I'm moving shortly so I'm not even attempting to breed as of yet, but as soon as I do I have a 10G waiting for these beauties!

They are some young from the breeding group that I had. They are easy to spawn once they are mature. How old are they? They do like using a spawning mop, and if you have any cover in the tank some fry will survive.

I am not sure of their age, I bought them as a breeding group at the last Edmonton auction. They haven't grown any since, and no matter what or how much I feed them the female just doesn't get that "bowling ball" look that you see in the pictures.

There are several live plants and spawning mops in the tank. Water changes are done once a week or so just due to the fact that I feed them frozen foods every night.

I only have 4 in the tank, so I am sure I would see at least one egg considering I look at the tank 3 times a day when feeding. I plan to remove the eggs to another tank whenever they appear.