Dehumidifier

flyfisher

I have a a portable air conditioner/dehumidifier. Just wondering about the water it collects. I have to assume that's pure water, equivalent to reverse osmosis. Anybody know if it is, and if it's usable in aquariums? I can actually get a few gallons a week. Great for dwarf cichlid breeding if its safe.

I have a a portable air conditioner/dehumidifier. Just wondering about the water it collects. I have to assume that's pure water, equivalent to reverse osmosis. Anybody know if it is, and if it's usable in aquariums? I can actually get a few gallons a week. Great for dwarf cichlid breeding if its safe.

On the advice from some very reputable breeders in North America, I was using it for a while on my mainly SA system. However, it started to grow some slime, so I bleached it and no longer use the water on my tanks. For me, it lasted about 3 months before I had to bleach it.

I did the same thing as jvision for awhile,until the slime started in the dehumidifier

Now I collect it in a bucket and aerate it for an hOur or so,then you can water your soft water plants.

If you don't aerate the water the dissolved oxygen content is very low and can shock or drown a sensitive plants.

Edited by Sprucegruve