A Sad Good-Bye To The Aquarium Hobby

I just wanted to let you all know that my husband and I are moving out of province and have decided, after a great deal of soul searching, that we will not be able to continue in the aquarium hobby :cry:. We began our journey about 5 years ago with my husband starting a 23 gallon tank for african clawed frogs and me starting a 75 gallon with ropefish.

I would just like to say that although I haven't been on the site for a while, it has been great getting to know a lot of you. I particularly remember the "meetings" in parking lots where fish and aquatic plants changed hands. I also remember the time I was the delivery person for a Spencer Jack order where the plane did not get in until around midnight and I was meeting people to give them their fish at 1 and 2 a.m.

I hope that you all take care of your fish, yourselves and each other and I will hopefully be able to "lurk" here occasionally, if only to vicariously enjoy the fish-keeping hobby through all of you.

To quote the title from one of Douglas Adams' books - So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Well didnt get to know you but safe journey, and have to agree with jeremoose this hobby is like crack completey addicting but,way better high (never tried crack but hear its super addictive and never completely leaves your system)

It's gonna be ok. I looked it up on the Internet! They have water in BC!

You can get more tanks once you are settled into the new place! Just simply set up a small tank at the new house to keep fish in the forefront of your mind, and the MTS will soon become reality once more. 13 acres is lots of room for tanks. ;)

Best of luck in the future! Best regards, Jay

Well good luck in your new adventures. I think I was one of your meetings at 1:00 AM in the morning at the Kingsway parking lot 2nd level by the bay way back then.

I think you are right. They were good times, but I don't think I'd want to do it too often!