Fluval 404 Giving Me Brain Aches

SuperGuppyGirl

So I have a used fluval 404 on my 75 G, now normally after a clean up its a bit of a pain to restart, but as we just moved had to start fresh and am having a b*t*h of a time getting it primed and running again tried for hours, dont want to clean it completely as had to do a complete WC, and really need the used media and goop, I cleaned the propeller, and inspected the visible areas everything looks fine, so any tips to get this pain going?

This might sound gross but I have used it as a last resort. Get everything set up open the aqua stop vaules and suck on the out flow tube until you can hear canister filling up attach outflow to its bracket plug in.

FLY

Lol usually do that with the gravel vacuum during WC, the canister is full filled before plugging in but might have to try that for filling the hoses, thinking I need to switch to a hob

This might sound gross but I have used it as a last resort. Get everything set up open the aqua stop vaules and suck on the out flow tube until you can hear canister filling up attach outflow to its bracket plug in.

FLY

Exactly what I was going to say. I have to do this to get my 405 primed as well.

Simply pull off the aqua stop valve and siphon water from the tank into the where the valve goes till its full. Plug in the valve and hose assembly and prime like normal. May be a good time to send a brush down the output hose so you don't get that gunk that comes out when it starts. Good luck.

Hmmm sounds like fluval needs to fix their filter line, I'll give it a go, been trying to find a brish assembly to clean the hoses, hate the gunk usually prop a net in front of the output to catch it but would prefer it gone yuck, thank you peoples

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl