Caoac Convention

rayfong

Well some members of ACE are aware of this as well as possibly a few other people.

Edmonton will be hosting the 2013 CAOAC convention.

This will be May 18 and 19th with a strong possibility something happening the evening of the 17th.

Saturday May 18th, speakers, fish show and banquet
Sunday May 19th, auction

Where:
Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre
4520-76 Ave
Room Rates:
$119 + Taxes/night standard room
$139 + Taxes/night executive room
All rooms include: hot and cold breakfast buffet, free wifi, free parking, free local calls
When you are booking, please mention that you are with the Aquarium Club of Edmonton to get the room rate.

Speakers:

Regrettably Juan Miguel Artigas was unable to get the time off to attend.

Anton Lamboj
Ian Fuller

Peter DeSouza

I will keep this updated.

As well if you wish to sponsor a show class or know of someone or company that might be interested, let me know. The classes are posted on our website at www.edmontonfish.com

Tickets for the banquet will be $50/person, please email Michael Pham so that we can let the hotel know how many people will be attending the banquet.

There is also a show registration form on our website for you to download and send to Ken Ealey.

Raymond

Edited by rayfong

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, CAOAC stands for the Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs. There will be aquarists coming from across Canada. It's a great chance to make some new friends who might have that fish you need.......

Ooooh! I wanna go. I just have to figure out the logistics. Maybe see if I can bribe the wife and family somehow. I get my nerd in while they shop? Galaxyland?. Weekend in a nice hotel? Waterpark? Gonna cost a fortune but I'm going. Lol

• 2 months later...

Hey, last edmonton caoac convention is when I started seeing the mr.fishclubgirl... So all you single fishheads, get off match.com and get thineself to this convention. Your potential :heart: :heart: partner will not only point out when you have duckweed in your hair, they'll think it's cool!!!!