Which Cory?

creekbottom

I'm putting together a 10 gallon planted, going to try to put shrimp in it, and cory's.

I know there are ALOT of Cory lovers out there, so fire away! What should I get, and how many? If you've got a good idea of where to get them that would be great too. :)

Just make sure you get a group of 6 or more and any of them should do okay. Lately I've been very impressed with the hardiness of the cories I've been picking up and most of them have been from Petland though I do have some from riverfront and Big Alx. I do steer away from the smaller cories like habrosus, etc as I have not such a good experience with them. Just make sure to find them some brine shrimp pellets and enjoy!!!

I've seen groups of over 100 hastatus in a 10g. There are a few dwarf/Pygmy Cory spp. that'll do great.

Adding my 2 bits on my favorite fish lol, habrosus, hastatus and pygmaseous are all dwarf corys and add movement to a shrimp tank, you could easily fit 6 of each in a 10G, cool thing while they are all bottom dwellers the hastatus and pygmaseous will also swim in your mid level as well, aquarium central has the pygmaseous, and have found the hastatus and habrosus at nature's corner and big al's, buy 8/9 just in case you lose some ;-)

Lol at beano, if you overfilter like I do, I have an AC 30 with a sponge sock on my 10G cherry shrimp tan, no heater since my room temp is at 78F aquarium central also has some rasboras maculatus a school of those would work in there as well, the shrimp are bigger than these guys are full grown, make a nice micro community

I have a school of chili rasboras in a different tank, so if things are looking boring I can move some over.

I don't know Deano, Otto's are fairly entertaining as well and would occupy a different portion of the tank. And not each shrimp!

To get the most out both Ottos and Cory's , get at least 6. I've seen some pretty cool social behavior in Ottos that isn't usually seen in the aquarium with a group of about 20 in a large planted tank.

Is it going to be heavily planted? Planning on over filtering? Adding air? If "yes" to any or all of those questions, I think you could easily double the load - just keep up large weekly WCs