Calgary Spring Auction

fairdeal

hahaha...sorry to disapoint Jayba!

You are allowed to put reserves on fish, however, if your reserve is not met you are expected to pay 30% of the reserve price...so it can be both a good thing or a bad thing if there isn't anyone willing to meet your price.

I STOLE a bag of 3 Juvie Geo Altifrons, unfortunately one was passed...but I still got two good ones! I'm totally inspired to grow an amazing fish like Vince's! Luv his Male Altifrons!

I also got a HUGE bag of Windelov Java Fern...so much that I split it with another person and therefore only paid $11. Looks great! Also came away with some pure strain Endlers that look amazing!

Since I was so busy doing data entry, I missed out on quite a few bags of stuff i'd have luved to snag...but all in all...it was a wonderful turn out!

Thanks to everyone who joined in the volunteering! It was much appreciated!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying in the Sheraton 4 points airport, luxury room for $36/night via hotels.com and some promos.

See y'all tomorrow!

What? We paid 95 for the same thing! We are in room 628.

619 for us.

Hotels.com gives you a room credit if you use them enough and I had enough for most of a room.

2 Large Severum

6 Geophagus (Red Hump)

A bunch of Gammarus shrimp

4 Midas Cichlid juvies

3 Obliquidens

4 Blue Swordtails

10 Orange Swordtails

1 L199 Pleco

Literally couldn't be happier.

Edited by jeremoose

3 cory gossei(the fellow who got the other bag is not in my good books..), weitzmani, 2 xenotoca eiseni, and 4 sailfin molly fry, one of my biggest auction hauls in a couple of years. A huge thanks to everyone who helped out and attended!!

Despite my husband and I having tiffs over what we should or should not be bidding we both came home happy with:

Four chocolate plecos

Two 3 beacon plecos

Two lots of tequila goodieds

Blue swords

Red rainbows of some Latin name

Black chin live bearers

And some yellow guppies

Would have liked some plants but they all were selling very high.

Thanks to all who put up with my husband' antics. I don't let him out much. Now you you all know why