Fry Tank - Cleaning Crew?

flash_oesc

Hello,

I have a 10G tank right now with 5 Demasoni (3 weeks old) and 8 Labs (1 week old). I have a heater, small HoB filter, and an air driven sponge filter. I have a couple small decorations and small cichlid stones in the tank for everyone to hide under. The tank has no substrate. I'm doing water changes everyday/every other depending on what the bottom looks like.

My question is, I'm getting some algae growth in the tank, and I'm getting a 'slime' build up on the bottom, which I assume is the NLS I'm crushing up for the fish. The demasoni catch it while is falls, while the labs scavenge it from the bottom.

I'd like to add a pleco, or a hillstream loach, or something to the tank, that wont harass or eat my babies. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thoughts?

Edited by flash_oesc

A young BN pleco or some Cherry shrimp will do fine.

I really wish we had a bigger pet store up here. The only shrimp they have here are labeled Ghost Shrimp, and they are pretty big.

I was thinking about a young BN or Rubberlip, but was nervous that it might think the fry are yummy.

Malaysian trumpet snails...

depending on context, MTS can also refer to multiple tanks syndrome which most of the members on this forum have... :D

I found out my LFS has MTS (snails) so I'll likely grab 2 (I assume 2 would suffice?) tomorrow afternoon.

I desperately want to suffer from the other MTS, but I live with an angry vaccination that is currently preventing it.

Well, I got 4 snails, all Zebra Nerite. I put 2 in my 29G and 2 in my fry tank. They are worth 10X their weight in gold for cleaning, but they also poop 10X their weight...oh well, poop is easy to get rid of in a bare bottom tank anyways.

Thank you for all the help!