My Corydora Duplicareus Bred. Uh Oh.

Jayba

I have 2 corydora duplicareus in a 5.5 gallon tank. I was merely holding them there. Wouldn't you know it, they bred. There are some that have hatched and are free swimming.

I have Sera Micron food and nothing else. I tossed in some java moss hoping there are some critters in there they can graze on. Can anyone recomend some live food that is small enough? You have a starter culture you would sell?

They are so small!

Lemme know. Jay.

Microworms are always a good 1st food. I have a couple starters that are harvestable if you can find a way to get one to you.

That is great that they breed, thou their timing was off for you. I have 6 and haven't had them breed yet. Did you do anything to set them off or was it just them ready? If you ever want to sell some, I would like to add to my school.

I literally tossed them in a 5.5 gallon as I had nowhere to put them. Did nothing other than ignore them, and toss in a little bit of blood worms every once in a while. I do waterchange quite a bit, but other than that I didn't really try......usually how it goes, ignore them and they will get busy for you.

They are in a tank rack at the end by the wall so they were undisturbed. I just wonder how many I sucked up thinking they were a chunk of blood worm by the surface? I gotta start wearing my glasses like I'm supposed to......

Fishclubgirl called dibs on babies, as she was nice enough to drop off a microworm culture on her way to Edmonton, sorry.

Well the little buggers have been busy, they filled an escargot shell that I found tucked behind the sponge filter with 6 eggs and another bunch hidden in a little tuft of java moss. I have one free swimming fry now and 9 or so eggs in a window box with an air stone underneath it. We shall see how it goes, more blood worms went in just before lights out.

These are by far my favorite Corydora and I'm kinda excited about this one. Thinking of tossing some of my lazer greens into a couple little tanks and see what happens. Little Cory's would be so cool! Got my finners crossed!

Well the little buggers have been busy, they filled an escargot shell that I found tucked behind the sponge filter with 6 eggs and another bunch hidden in a little tuft of java moss. I have one free swimming fry now and 9 or so eggs in a window box with an air stone underneath it. We shall see how it goes, more blood worms went in just before lights out.

These are by far my favorite Corydora and I'm kinda excited about this one. Thinking of tossing some of my lazer greens into a couple little tanks and see what happens. Little Cory's would be so cool! Got my finners crossed!