Edmonton Water Quality

I seem to be the only person in the city who never encounters a problem in any season. I frequently do 50% WCs (well over 100gal/week), and dose as per instructions for Prime/Safe and have never run into these chlorine/ammonia problems people talk about. The worst thing that happened to me today after a 70gal change on my main tank is ALL of my rainbows started spawning... :P

I also have had the same experience as Jason. I do 50% + water changes and have never had any issues during any season. I do smell that the tap water is a little more chloriney but don't notice any difference in my tanks. I use a python and dose for the full size of the tank, not sure if that makes a difference.

I noticed the heavy clorine smell of the water lately, I do as Vallisneria does I dose for the whole tank as well normally, never had a problem yet, I use my Python as well, with 250 gallons of water in all my tanks the old syphon and bucket it's too much a pain in the butt.