Led Bulbs, Replacement For Incandescents

fishclubgirl

So I'm checking out the pet section in Walmart in the US and they have cfls in 6500k that replace those tubular incandescents... Am so happy I picked up several!!!!! Yet another tank will turn into an aquatic jungle!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have found that the best LED's on the market for output that are similar to power compact 55 and 65watt as well as T5's are the Finnex LED - 7000k high output and the have no fans as they are heat sinker to the aluminum housing. The lumens are equivalent to the T5 and PC tubes without the heat and large fixture!

Downfall is that once the lifespan of the lights is 40,000 hrs is that there is not as many trips to the pet shop. Power savings is substantial as you only use 1/10 of the power!

So far the plants are responding well to the change over.

I have the Finnex Ray II (thier plant line) over a 75 gal (22" deep) and it's growing Glosso quite well (the other plants in the tank aren't as light hungry, and would grow with anything, I'm sure).

The tank is a 120 Gallon Tall - 4ft X 18" Wide and 30" tall - two 7000K Finnex lights

Everything thing from Echinodorus to aponegeton, hydrocotyle, bacopa, crypts (8 different types), crinium, vals, and some rotala.