10 G Purchase Surprise

So searching Kijiji, found a 10G tank complete for a whopping $10. One condition came with fish. I thought okay probably either goldfish or guppies. Whoo catfish was I wrong, the tank in question came with 2-twig catfish and 2- banjo catfish. The tank was cheap as no one wanted these "ugly" (their words, not mine) that they had bought because their 5yo son liked them. Their son lost interest because the fish never really did anything. So they are happily rehomed in my tanks, to a medium planted 30G to quarrentine. Any advice appreciated on the banjos, twigs will go join my other 2 in a 75G, but I have never kept banjos before. The Farlowellas are huge for such a tiny tank, one was around 8" long, the other around 5". The big one looks very similiar to the 2 (farlowella vittatas i believe) I already have but the smaller one is a beautiful red/gold coloration. Long story short, I'd chose the "ugly" fish any day. No pics of the other twig as he is in a corner and the banjos immediately buried themselves.

post-5607-0-75347800-1377573442_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-74377800-1377573472_thumb.jpg

It's time to stop goofing around with these puny tanks! Imagine what you'll find when you start sleuthing for a REAL tank! ;)

Managed to snap a few pics of the banjo cats, I think they hide less due to the original tank had clown puke gravel. Smaller one is usually out in the open, the bigger one likes to leave its head out. Hoping I lucked out and got a pair, wouldn't mind breeding them as I never really see them at any stores.

post-5607-0-92526800-1378162049_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-15166200-1378162166_thumb.jpg

Lol I'm tank shuffling at the moment but thinking I might snag and put into a breeder box for pics and see if I can get them Id at planet catfish, probably common but if a M n F thinking ill give them a try for breeding, way to cool looking not to have more around.

• 2 weeks later...