Protocol/methods Dealing With Excessive Spawning In Gouramis

butterbum

My Blue Gouramis are constantly spawning, which was great at first to see the whole process of growing fry etc. I have upgraded so I now have two tanks to help keep some of the population alive.

I am wondering what other members do to deal with this issue of ongoing breeding?? Any suggestions would be helpful, since I only started my first tank in September!!

A lot of times, I'll leave fry with their parents and let nature take it's course. Unless you're wanting to sell juvies - then this forum, Kijiji and stores seem to work for most of us.

LOL Yah multiple tank syndrome may have just begun. I only meant to start and have one tank. But my heart has a hard time disposing of little lives.... :cry:

Proactively making sure the eggs don't hatch, may be the way. I have dropped the temp from 79F to 78F and will drop it to 77F. I have also found a fellow member willing to take some of the existing little guys!!