Shrimp Filter

Jo3l

has anyone ever had amino, ghost, or cherry shrimp survive living in a cannister filter?

I have been thinking of adding cherry shrimp to my fluval, it's a 405 so the compartments are quite large. I would think the shrimp would thrive on particles trapped in my bio media and filter floss. The sections all snap together so I feel like they will be protected from the impeller.

I will post my results in a couple weeks. I haven't been able to find any info on the matter online (as far as having an colony living in a cannister filter)

I don't think the shrimp are going to function very well as little worker drones in your filter :-\

I know in my filter it just ends up collecting brown sludge, which I don't think is very shrimp edible.

Edited by Iceturf

Cherry shrimp and MTS do very well in canister filters. I once thought I sold all of my cherry shrimp only to find 100+ next time I cleaned the filter.

I do have both cherry and a canister, however I would never place them in the canister on purpose. Every story that I've heard about people finding shrimp in filters talk about it going past the intake and accidentally being sucked in. I too have had shrimp in the filter system however I always remove them.