New to the hobby and forum

Steffan

Hi there,

Just doing a little introduction!  I'm very new to the hobby, just got cut by the aquarium big about a month ago and have so far started cycling and planning a 75 gallon and 55 gallon tank.  The 75 will be a home for Barbs and Crayfish, while I plan to do the 55 with Angelfish, an Apisto pair and a pair of Blue Rams.

I'm based in Calgary and am loving learning about this hobby.  

Welcome to AA. For Apistos have a look at Curtis Jerrom he has several apistos and also angels. The A. borellii 'Opal' would be a good starter apisto as they handle harder water better and stay smaller than some others. Having pairs of apisto and rams in a 55 can result in territorial problems, especially if they start mating. However,  you can try and relocate a pair to the 75G if needed.

PS: Curtis posts his stocklist in this group's "livestock classifieds" section under 

• 4 weeks later...

I visited him two weekends ago and he had some VERY nice Apistogramma borellii 'Opal' (the one with the red/pearl markings on the cheeks). You should check if he still has them, quite likely he does. You can reach him by email at curtis.jerrom@gmail.com. He also has Badis badis and Badis sp. 'Buxar' which are small cichlid-like (but not closely related) fish from Indo-China.