N L S

Spader

One of the things that I found with using NLS with Africans is that it is the best for bringing out the blue color in peacocks. There are several foods out there that can make the orange and red as bright, but nothing that affects the blue like this. The other really good thing is spawning. Since using NLS clutch sizes have gone up, as well as the frequency of spawning . I can usually expect my females to be holding again within 16 days of being stripped. Growth rates are also increased alot

Here Spader.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=2115&hl=

Its quite the read but should answer any questions.

Anyone who has switched to NLS hasn't looked back!!!!

HOPE THATS THE RIGHT THREAD!!!!

Edited by Canadbis

Question on it.. it seems to me that it sinks too fast.. most of my fish get a quick mouthful and then it's on the bottom. i have the community tank brand...it also seems that the pellets are too small. do they make a flake at all? oddly, my red empress pair go freakin nuts for it but the severums only like the flakes..and the occassional mouthful of nls.

thoughts?

Funny, I've had people complain to me becuase it didn't sink fast enough? Go figure. If your fish aren't getting enough before it reaches your substrate, then try feeding smaller amounts, over a longer period of time. In other words, toss less in, when the fish finish eating that, put a bit more in. Yes there's a flake, but if your fish are over 2" I wouldn't waste my time feeding flakes, they're messy, wasteful, and once in water leach their nutrients out much faster than pellets. There's also much larger sized pellets, including floating pellets.

Weaning Severums onto NLS pellets takes all of about 2-3 days, in my experience they will eat anything you place in the tank, if they get hungry enough.

Edited by RD.