Calgary Enthusiast

Fish_Dave_Ab

Hi Folks!

We are a couple here in Calgary which have (re)discovered the fun of having aquariums. It all started when Tammy had to quit smoking. I challenged her and suggested she spend her time with fish. Well, things have grown and in four months we have 325 fish in 13 tanks (so far). We have several more to set up over the next few months.

We are both animal lovers and the fish in our posetion are well cared for (she says it takes 42 minutes in the morning to feed, check all the equipment is running and make sure everyone is doing ok). I always get a bit of a chuckle when she gets all worked up over one fish not getting along with another. (They usually settle things out in a few hours or we move him/her).

Our living room is currently overflowing with tanks as we got rid of a couch and loveseat as well as other furniture in order to make room. For seating there is a computer chair and futon. We joke with our friends suggesting if they are to visit they should bring a chair! LOL! The bedroom is nearly maxed out and our next few tanks will likely go into the kitchen.

The cats have wondered what the heck happened as all of their "sleeping" places are now gone. They appear to be just as interested in the fish as we are ..... usually sitting on a ledge or stand watching what we are doing. Luckily they have not yet "caught" any fish lol.

Right now we have a wide assortment of tetras and the usual community tank fish, bettas, loaches and even a few frogs and shrimp. I suspect in the future we will be trading (or giving away) some of the more common fish and consentrating on some of the more "exotic" types (such as discus and angels). For now we have our hands full.

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year and dont forget to give your dog or cat a hug and kiss today!

Dave :rolleyes:

Well, things have grown and in four months we have 325 fish in 13 tanks (so far). We have several more to set up over the next few months.

Woo :shock: Nothing like jumping in with both feet.

A very big :welcome: to both you and Tammy.

And Tammy congrats on you quitting smoking not an easy thing to do, now if I could just get my wife to quit but that could be dangerous to my health :chair:

Tom

• 2 weeks later...