Iceberg fryeri

tc51

Thanks Neil, these guys are 4" to 5" very passive fish don't have the dominate trait of the male I lost, but I think one will step up to the plate once they start to mate again.

BTW - second last pic, looks like the head of a Protomelas.

Must have just been the angle of the shot?

It does a little, the protomelas snout is more flat and has a more predominat lower jaw, and of course my fish doesn't have the vibrant egg spots that the Protomelas has

Tom.

Hey Tom, I wasn't suggesting there was anything funky going on, just that in that one pic his head looked odd. smile.gif Most likely just the angle, and flash that caused it.

No I understand Neil I know you are just pointing out something that you recognized and I appreciate any impute I can get, I know these are a line breed and 3 of them including the one you pointed out I can't trace were the line originated.

If something was funky with these guy's I would like to know so when I move them either through sale or exchange to introduce a new blood line that who ever I trade with is receiving what they and I expect that being a true fish and not turning out to be a hybrid mix. So quite naturaly I would not move and would kull if that was the case. So if anyone else thinks there may be something wrong with these fryeri [Kyle] please let me know I would be greatful.

Thanks Neil

Tom.

They are good looking fish Tom. Great to have so many males coloured up at once, must make for an amazingly vibrant tank. I do have to agree with Neil though, they do have a bit of an odd look to them. I always remember blue's as being more elongate and slimmer, and at first glance yours almost look as if they could have some Cop. azureus or Proto. in them. But at the same time, they have been line-bred for probably as long or longer than the yellow labs, and the depth of a fish can easily change over that much time in captivity. I wouldn't necessarily cull them or anything like that. Hopefully we'll both have some time when I get up there with your peacocks and I can check them out in person.

But some great shots either way, that's for sure!

I, too, noticed the C. azureus look on the face this morning when I went back to look at the pics, but I didn't want to mention anything because it could just be the angle of the lens.

I definately wouldn't cull them on the basis of a few photos, that's for sure. Must be a nice looking tank right now! :)

Howdy Tom,

The first thing I thought was Electric Blue II (Cap. Azureus) I have bred both species and still have the males of both. My Iceberg are elongated abit more then the azureus. Nice looking, hope its just the camera that makes them look like that.

My male Azureus

Azureus1.jpg

My Electric Blue "Iceberg"

EBlue.jpg

Cheers'

Mike