Nandopsis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 Labidochromis caeruleus, 1 Auloncara jacobfreibergi "Mamelela", 1 Protomelas taeniolatus "Red Empress", 1 Sciaenochromis fryeri, and 1 Cyrtocara moorii.

All male tank, except the labs.

RD,

How have you had your set-up? I tried a display tank once with mainly male malawi cichlids and it was disasterous! They started killing each other. I only way to make them stop was to remove all the rocks and decor which made the tank very drab.

It's a juggling act, that's for sure. I have those fish in a 55 gallon. The jake is a mature 6" male, the lab male is 4", with the females at approx 3", the Red Emp was the runt of the litter & he's just pushing 4" at over a year of age, the fryeri is still a juvie at approx 3", and the C. moorii is just a little 2" juvie. (he was a 'rescued' fish from the LFS)

Funny part is, the only aggression I had in this tank was from a breeding group of Rusties, which I just recently removed. I called them the devil fish. :lol:

Go figure?

It's taken me close to a year to get a mix of male haps/peacocks that would work.

I've had to part with some beautiful fish as my jake got a hate on for them from the get go. The current stock he tolerates very well, and they all know their place in the tank. Whether it will stay this way long term, I guess only time will tell?

edited to remove large pics ......

3 Labidochromis caeruleus, 1 Auloncara jacobfreibergi "Mamelela", 1 Protomelas taeniolatus "Red Empress", 1 Sciaenochromis fryeri, 1 Cyrtocara moorii , and 1 Ancistrus temminickii "Bristlenose Pleco".

7 - Cichlids

1 - Catfish

Hi guys & gals : I have 11 tanks mostly Malawi and a few Tang tanks. About 18 species, I have had a lot of different species over the past few years. One of my favorites right now is "Cynotilapia afra Cobue orange back" :) I purchased them at an auction in Ottawa and they are just now starting to color up. Great looking cichlid. Cheers..... Troy. :)

Here is a picture

http://www.cichlidlovers.com/c_afra_cobue.htm

Not really. Labidochromis mbamba aren't kept as much as the yellow labs, but as Gold Aquarium always has them in, they are quite common here in Alberta, as a lot of people shop there, and they breed like rabbits.

I have a 90 gallon tank with the following:

1 frontosa

1 Aulonocara stuartgranti maleri island

1 Otopharynx lithobates

1 Placidochromis electra

1 Protomelas taeniolatus

3 Labichromis caeruleus

2 Synodontis multipunctatus

I have a 33 gallon tank with the following fish still growing

1 Aulonocara stuartgranti mbenji regal

1 Aulonocara saulosi

1 Placidochromis electra

1 Copadichromis borleyi

1 Copadichromis azureus

3 Labidochromis caeruleus

1 Julidochromis ornatus

I have a 20 gallon tank with 3 Lamprologus occelatus

I have a 10 gallon tank with L. caeruleus fry.

2 Synodontis petricola

220 gallon

12 - Cyrtocara moorii

7 - Frontosa 4" - 6"

77 gallon

4 - Aulonocara hueseri 1m/3f

3 - Labidochromis caeruleus

3 - Pseudotropheus demasoni 1m/2f

27 gallon

11 - juvie Aulonocara hueseri

10 gallon

25 - Aulonocara hueseri fry