Peacock Gudgeon

fatpuffer

I was in BA in Edmonton and saw a tankful of peacock gudgeon, Tateurndina ocellicauda.

Ended up buying one. I new some about this fish but if anybody has any personal experience, I will be most grateful if you shared.

They also have atleast three different kinds of Apistos...one was red cacatuoides(SP?) and other I was not even familiar with.

THANKS!

Js

• 4 months later...
I was in BA in Edmonton and saw a tankful of peacock gudgeon, Tateurndina ocellicauda.

Ended up buying one. I new some about this fish but if anybody has any personal experience, I will be most grateful if you shared.

THANKS!

Js

I keep a tank of about 20 of these. They will spawn fairly regularly. I just use a 3" piece of 3/4" dia. pvc pipe for them to spawn in. They usually lay around 50 eggs on the roof of the pipe. The male usually won't eat when spawning so make sure to pull the cave out after a spawn or two for a few days. After the eggs are layed you wait for 5 days, then remove the cave with the eggs into another container for the fry to hatch. That will take another couple of days. I feed mine spray krill and microworms. Fry are very tiny, like rainbow fry and I find they grow slow. I just use regular tap water (very hard) and the ph is around 8. They will spawn just feeding flake food but they also enjoy frozen bloodworms very much.

Jeff :)

Mine don't hide at all. They are always in the open at all levels in the aquarium.

Edited by Jeff M

Here is the pic of the tank, the plastic plants have since been replace with real ones. They will also be getting transferred into a 20g long this coming weekend.

Picture011.jpg