Where to breed???

Larry

Ok, I have a couple tanks I want to set up as breeding tanks. My problem is, where should i put them. I can put them in a room in the basement that my wife had her treadmill in. This room is the largest of the rooms of choice but my wife actually uses the treadmill, i know that is strange but true, its not just a towel rack. When she runs, she cranks the stereo in the room and it get a bit loud for about 1 hr/ day. Would this bother the fish that would be breeding?

My other option is to make some type of shelf in the furnace/laundy room. This room is very small, but its always warm and the most noise is from the washing machine.

I sure hope that someone can give me some good advice on this matter.

Cheers

What do u plan on breeding??

FISH....I am not sure i would like to be set up to breed all types. I have always been tinkering with swords. I would like to try angels and Rams to start. Pleco's do interest me as well. Does it really matter?

Cheers

Actually... it would matter. if the fish you're thinking of breeding are twitchy to begin with, then the bass travelling through the floor/stand/tank would certainly interupt any 'union' and may infact stress the fish to the point of health problems. Fish have many millions of sensors on their surface and vibrations in the water can disrupt their sense of balance, depth and proximity to food in some cases.

Other fish don;t seem to care if they are sitting ontop of a bar-room loudspeaker and will make like rabbits, all day and night...

Think of it like you laying on a vibrating bed... sometimes it's all good, and sometimes it'll just make you puke.

Think of it like you laying on a vibrating bed... sometimes it's all good, and sometimes it'll just make you puke.

-roll- -roll- -roll- -roll- -roll- -roll- -roll- -roll- -roll-

I know just what you mean

From what I have seen Angels are not crazy about disruptive noises, swordtails males only care about folding those fins foward and letting her have it. I know they have no problems with noise, they are in our bedroom and lots of loud noises going on in there.... No you pervs I mean my wife snoring.... Jeez :D

• 2 weeks later...

:D Harold, you just crack me up!

Larry, I'd recommend the laundry/furnace room; if you're like most of us, you'll start with something easy, and become intrigued.. next thing you know, you'll want to try more difficult fish, and then you'd have to move the breeding setup anyway. OR, you could put some tanks in both rooms, and just put the "easy" ones in the basement!