need a id?

dragonfish

got these fish from a LFS (PJ's sothside) in a tank called Mixed Aficans.. $4.99 a fish..

i THINK (after trying a few sites like here Cichlid-Forum.com and 1-2 others. i have yet to find em..

i di not have a camera so.. i need to find a site that has TONS of pics on so i can browse..

fish are 1 1/2 to 2 " long med blue vertical stripes. a Mumba shaped head. (more so like a convit head ( witch i have also) one egg spot on anal fin.. um (sparkles) on gill area?.. sorry best discription i can come up with. if i happen upon a pic in my i-net search i will post here

thanks

Dragonfish

and thanks to Gina and Seajays.. bow

So you looked through all the mbuna profiles at cichlid-forum.com and didn't see him?

You say he has blue verticle stripes, are the stripes blue? Whats the base color? Can you describe it a bit more detail(exact coloring, thickness of stripes, how many, fish that look similar)?

What color is the speckling on the gills?

There are a ton of mbuna that have blue/black verticle barring. Your going to have to be a bit more specific. How many bars are there and where to the start and stop?

You looked through all the profiles at C-F.com and didn't see them?

Also if you got it from a PJ's "mixed african" tank there is a possibility its a hybrid.

sorry.. a light blueish to lt purpleish blackish bars (frm dral to bottom not head to tail.. 1/16 ' wide fst swimers. gawd i wish i had a digital camers! L((

DF

( nope not a Pseudotropheus Socolofi )(looked on Net))

C. afra (looked on the net) is the closiest one.. same baring no yellow thouth.. and a tad more light purple?? anyone in millwood w/ at digital camera want to come ofer. take a few shots L)) pls???

thanks L))

DF

Edited by dragonfish

I dont think they have afras at pjs. I would say its prob a kenyi, or

looked on net for Pseudotropheus lombardoi (http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats/stats_afcichlids1j.html

th female looks as close as i have seen on the net yet.. i also have the orange male.. those two i got fron BA's the (wanna-be know it all cleark) said thew were a breeding pair) so far some (what i take as) mating danceing.. no eggs yet(or big bellies)

i shall keep looking..

still looking for someing in millwoods w/ a digi cam tat come over and take a few shots??

thanks all

DF

PS:... looking for a Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "eureka red" can pay$20.00 max

Edited by dragonfish

Hey.. If you got that firefin from John. and with all the other fish u have.. I think ur going to have some fighting.. Because i know for sure that the Eureka and the Firefin are going to fight. Especially in that small of a tank..!!!

Hey.. If you got that firefin from John. and with all the other fish u have.. I think ur going to have some fighting.. Because i know for sure that the Eureka and the Firefin are going to fight. Especially in that small of a tank..!!!

well i was looking on the net saw the Eurka and like the color.. (wife wants a "red type) in.. do you know of any less agressive redish Malwies?(Haps/Peacocks ect)?

thanks

DF