Fluval FX5

Kevin

I've been running a FX5 on a 125 gal cichlid tank since Jan. Have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever! I have cleaned it 4 times, it's never clogged. It really moves the water and sucks up a huge amount of gunk. No complaints here. I got mine for 280.00 online Canadian site.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I am late on this one. Dennis is a stand up guy. He is the only reason the hobby is avbailiable to every one and every income. Having friends in calgary law inforcement I can assure everyone that Dennis is not a drug lord or smuggler in any way. And the not charging the customer gst is not tax evasion, it may not be so smart but it is not tax evasion if he pays it himself.

• 3 weeks later...

hello all you folks. I have just been directed to this website as I am having some problems with my FX5. its only a month or so old, as soon as i set it up and plugged it in problems started. it did its 2 mins of reliesing the air, stopped and that was it. within an hour of setting up I had to take the ruddy thing apart.

Right, I got it going again, perfect, 2 or 3 days later it stopped, and again never came back on, same routine, took the motor off, quick switch on, worked and then put it back together again, carried on working then.

This was becoming more frequent and a big problem that i didnt want. I phoned there customer services and they sent out to me another motor* next day delivery*.

never put the new motor on for about 9 days as the existing motor decided it was going to work ok, only thing was that it did not appear to switch itself off daily as it is meant to do. anyway 9 days and it stopped, so took the opportunity to swap the motors. The new motor has been running fine for the last couple of weeks, its not switched itself off to reliese the air. anyway went out today, got back and the pump was off, left it for another hour and it still did'nt come on. had to switch it off at the mains for it to come on again. whats going on with MY so called fantastic filter. cheers guys/girls

• 1 month later...

Well this thread has been informative in more ways than one. -roll- I am looking into getting one of these for a 180g I just picked up. By all the rave reviews given here I think my mind might have just been made up for me.

Thank-you for the usefull info!

I got a new one in Halifax just before I left and brought it with me in hopes of finding a tank to set up before the family moves in July/August. I just opened it up last night for the first time to find that one of the latches is broken and a handle is cracked on the side. What the heck do I do with it now?

Stacey

Call Hagen and ask them. As this is their 'flagship' filter for their *05 line, they will probably go out of their way to ensure you're taken care of. Hagen in the past has garnered good reviews from hobbyists for their customer service, I doubt they'll let you down.