So how was the auction for those who went?

I got 3 sweet julidochromis transcriptus gombe. Even though there were a lot of nice fish there, I didn't really see anything else that I could fit into my plans. I'm looking to downsize a bit, as we are going away for some of the summer.

However, the trips to Gold, Wai's, OA, and Pisces weren't wasted, and it's always good to see friends. :)

Christian and staff - great job as usual. :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WONDERFUL killies, orange australe pair (who ever auctioned those...they are very happy here and do you have more? LOL! )

Put me on that list also! I stepped out of the room for 2 seconds and missed these guys.. They looked great. Nice score Gr8Blade.... Really strong orange on those guys.. ;)

If they breed for you let me know... hehe

Moose

A vampire (I think just one) pleco sold for about $110. The girl who bought had bought the butterfly pleco and I had never seen one so I went and talked to her and asked if I could see it. She said she was big into plecos, especially rare ones from Africa, so when other plecos went up for bid I watched her to see what she took. Lol she cashed out with her $55 butterfly and the vampire. Costly those plecos are.

Thanks you, I am flatter.

I am the 'crazy' girl who bought the butterfly pleco and the vampire pleco.

I'm so happy that I bought the most expensive fish at the auction, $166 for 2 pleco - money well spent. :thumbs: I will post their picture once they settle down.

For the vendor who put the pleco up for auction: thanks you so much for bringing them, let me know if you have more Rare, Wild, Unique Pleco or Cichlids.

- Tansy

I Just want to say A HUGE THANK U TO CHRIS.. FOr Bringing me 12 bags of fish back to Edmonton!!!!!!!!! and even delivering them to my door. Now thats service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now im going to be up all night. lol.

THANKS TO SEAN, HAROLD and Rahim, for the fish!!!!

EVERYONE Made it back!!!

Ill be at the next auction for sure!!!

Put me on that list also! I stepped out of the room for 2 seconds and missed these guys.. They looked great. Nice score Gr8Blade.... Really strong orange on those guys..

If they breed for you let me know... hehe

For sure. I love them.... :heart:

Edited by TheGr8Blade

We had an awesome time! My only complaint was we didn't come with enough cash. I am wondering if the landlord would be upset if we sold his house? (ha ha)

Very professional and a very good time for all!!!

Our day out had us come home with numerous treasures ........ now time to fimd homes fer em all!

Dave :D

We got there about noon, and stayed for an hour... the tables just didn't have anything that jumped out at me, but my cohorts scored a couple nice lots. Good to see the old familiars again, and meet a few new faces... thanks to Sean, Tim and Harrold for bringing goodies for myself and others, and we'll see everyone at the next auction!

Thanks for the Kudos, all...I am glad everyone enjoyed it. I am exhausted and sore (standing all that time really stiffens you up), but auctions are like crack to me...I would probably do one a month if I could get away with it.

I wanted that vampire pleco, but when I saw the glint in Tansy's eyes, I knew that I didn't have a chance. LOL

Dave and Harold managed to snap up ubout 90% of the 'interesting' ornaments...and I believe that Dave got the shark one.

I am still stunned at some of the sales...trios of bettas that should have sold for $75 selling for $20, and bags of java moss selling for $20, when I expected $5....go figure.

I was well-behaved and managed to keep my buying under control, and went home with a pair of Nothobranchius rubripinnis, a copper HM plakat betta (I am mad for the short-finned, metallic bettas), and a bag of Nothobranchius patrizii eggs.

I will be sitting down later today and double-checking all the auction slips and entries, so that we can start mailing out cheques ASAP. I would have done it earlier, but it turns out the hall rental contract required us to do some fairly involved cleaning after the auction, then I went to Riverfront and landed a fish order until 5 am (I am just heading to bed now). :P

A vampire (I think just one) pleco sold for about $110. The girl who bought had bought the butterfly pleco and I had never seen one so I went and talked to her and asked if I could see it. She said she was big into plecos, especially rare ones from Africa, so when other plecos went up for bid I watched her to see what she took. Lol she cashed out with her $55 butterfly and the vampire. Costly those plecos are.

Thanks you, I am flatter.

I am the 'crazy' girl who bought the butterfly pleco and the vampire pleco.

I'm so happy that I bought the most expensive fish at the auction, $166 for 2 pleco - money well spent. :thumbs: I will post their picture once they settle down.

For the vendor who put the pleco up for auction: thanks you so much for bringing them, let me know if you have more Rare, Wild, Unique Pleco or Cichlids.

- Tansy

Oh I didn't know you were on here! Lol. I'd love to see some pics, I was going to ask to check out your vampire pleco too, but I figured I had bugged you enough lol.

Is there another auction in November?? *crosses fingers*

So Toirtis based on that day and night you should be up by 9am? ;)

You got the other bag of "Nothobranchius rubripinnis" eh? That was the one I "had to have" That was my #1 pick. #2 was the bag you got.. I got the best pair :P

My number 3 pick was those Northo Korthausage "nafia island" that pair was pretty sweet also... Who's fish was that? :thumbs: Who scored those? I ended up having to leave.... :(

Moose

It was nice to see everyone and meet some new people that I hadn't before. Filled out 18 name tags! I think that is up from the fall auction. I'm sure some people were missed. Good to see tanker and all the peoples from Edmonchuck!

I couldn't believe that my shark/rusty car got bumped that made my day. I think Dave bought all those cheesy things I brought in. Between him and Harold they could make the largest cheese tank/pool in Alberta.

Had a great time and again THANKS christian and everyone else who made this happen, Cant wait till fall.

OH...I bought some killi eggs, and some killi fish as well.