So how was the auction for those who went?

it was SWEET :D I was so excited lol. poor Molino had to deal with me the whole way down babbling excitedly and pretty much just bouncing out of my seat lol. I haven't been to Calgary in like 13 years and I'd forgotten how much nicer it is than Edmonton >.< It's true guys, you have better fish stores, prettier buildings, and less snow! I'm sold, when can I move down and who wants to let me live for free? :P

We got to the auction early and Molino introduced me to Froggie, Ellie A, Rob (Majestic :P), Neatfreak, Tanker and friends (lol) I ran into Canadbis by the concession. Probably munching out -roll- It was really nice to put faces to the names, and everyone was just as sweet in person as they are on line. I was also informed that Toirtis was the guy doing the auctioneering but I never got to say Hi because he seemed a little busy ;) oooh, and I got to meet Michael Pham, who i've never officially met before :)

I've decided Ellie A, Neatfreak and I are long lost sisters. Put us 3 fish girls together in one city and you have a dangerous combination :ph43r: We're like Charlie's Angels, but with fish. Yeah that's right, I said it lol. Look for us dancing to 80's tunes near you :P

All I brought home was a big huge anubias (yes I was the one who was so scared Christian wouldn't see my hand I ran up to the front lmao), some zebra snails and a blue bridgesii from riverfront, and a bunch of equipment from Gold's. Oh! And I met Albert :) How can I forget Albert?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cracked one went for 5 bucks, the other 60 I think

All I brought home was a big huge anubias (yes I was the one who was so scared Christian wouldn't see my hand I ran up to the front lmao),

Yes now I know who you are, the wind from you rushing to the front nearly knocked me off my chair you must have wanted that plant really bad.

Another face to a name. Nice tattoo

Tom.

Yes now I know who you are, the wind from you rushing to the front nearly knocked me off my chair you must have wanted that plant really bad.

Another face to a name. Nice tattoo

Tom.

lol yeah I found out afterwards that apparently that's just not done o.O but oh well, if there's one thing I lack, enthusiasm ain't it lol.

thanks for the compliment on the tattoo, btw. it's fairly new, I just got it a couple months ago and was all stoked to be able to show it off in some nice weather B) Now who were you?

I wanted that vampire pleco, but when I saw the glint in Tansy's eyes, I knew that I didn't have a chance. LOL

I'm am really sorry Christian, didn't know you were after the pleco too.

Thanks you for doing such a wonderful job at the auctions. Hands down.. :bow:

Looking forward for the next auction already.

I bumped 4 items up so I can get them soon. But end up didn't get the cichlids and the four eyes fish.

My mind was set on the pleco, so don't mind giving up the cichlids. Can't compete with the boy who keep his hand up for the four eyes fish.

He's the guy who looks like a successful doctor. That's the best way to describe Tom, I think!

-Hideo

I think he looks like his avatar.... :lol:

Hey, I missed the tattoo.... :cry:

:bow: Take my hat off to you Christian , you must be exhausted...holy! :bow:

No...only after getting to bed at 6am, only to have to get up 2 hours later for a dentist's appointment, and then getting busy with reptile stuff, then (stupidly) going online....and its now 3pm Monday...I think I am going to have a nap now. :lol:

So Toirtis based on that day and night you should be up by 9am? ;)

8, actually...see above.

You got the other bag of "Nothobranchius rubripinnis" eh? That was the one I "had to have" That was my #1 pick. #2 was the bag you got.. I got the best pair :P

I know...I figure that between the two of us, we should be able to make sure some killie eggs happen.

My number 3 pick was those Northo Korthausage "nafia island" that pair was pretty sweet also... Who's fish was that? :thumbs: Who scored those? I ended up having to leave.... :(

Moose

Not sure, but I think that they went for about $20.

20$ for Java Moss?!?

Holy cow.

-Hideo

You're telling me?!? :lol:

I didn't stay and didn't buy anything (too much other work), but I know a *BIG* thanks goes to Christian and the rest of CAS and other volunteers as they make these auctions possible.

THANKS to all who helped out.

Regards,

Andrew

Edited by Golfnut

here's the tat for toirtis - I don't want to clutter up the thread with pics, so here's the link to my gallery :) lol btw do you have any idea how difficult how hard it is to get a decent pic of the back of your own calf? lol try it some time :P

my gallery

here's the tat for toirtis - I don't want to clutter up the thread with pics, so here's the link to my gallery :) lol btw do you have any idea how difficult how hard it is to get a decent pic of the back of your own calf? lol try it some time :P

my gallery

You should find yourself a professional photographer and have them take a picture of it for you.

-Hideo