Need a handy person

rudy

After another fight with my wife I am back to pc on this tank. SHe does not want a diy as it is in the dining room. Does anybody know someone who will built me a fan cooled canopy for this unit?

I will pay for it to look nice. Basically I want the light back in the tank and out of the room. As you swee I am back top pcs for now

post-7-1144506032_thumb.jpg

Any type of computer fan works, as long as you get the proper transformer for it. It was a main exhaust fan for my entire hood, so a 90mm fan that needed a 12V DC current worked well. I used a fan that based its RPMs on ambient temp, so it could move more air in the summer if needed.

I did all my own electrical and whatnot, so it was pretty easy to tie in with the wires for the lights.

Find a 120V AC to ??V DC transformer, make sure it can handle the amp draw on the fan(usually this is not an issue), and you're good to go.

Princess Auto has them for $5... Or Memory Express for about $10 or so.

The more you spend, the quieter and more reliable, generally. Also, a 120mm fan can move twice the air as a 80mm fan, while spinning slower (which means MUCH quieter).

Skip the PC fan IMO, If you are going to Princess Auto, look for a 4", 120V fan, these are what I use on canopies, they run quiet, move good air, and are easy to install. If you look, they very may well have pre-wired cords (I think the cords are a buck, and just plug directly into the fan.)

Fans will be $15/each.

Sorry, no time @ the present to build for you..but I am looking into serious alternatives for stand production, I have FINALLY gotten a contact in Calgary that does top-notch workmanship. I will have to finalize more yet though proir to passing on his name and number for the time-being, until I maybe will have the opportunity to continue the stands in the future.

P.M Tanker-his canopy is done very well!