light timers

Vallisneria

I want to get some timers for a some of my tanks. I was wondering what kind/brands of timers other people are using.

I think i remember seeing a power bar that also had a timer. Does anyone know where i can find this? Or something similar?

Petsmart has a variety of different powerbars with timers, some of them are digital as well.

Two-pronged timers are $10 and three-pronged (grounded) timers with three on/off settings are $12 at the Home Depot. I use these on all my tanks and have never had a problem. Brand name is Intermatic.

How many outlets does this have?

The powerbars at petsmart are 20-30 dollars depending on the one you get. I like the digital coralife ones.

Two-pronged timers are $10 and three-pronged (grounded) timers with three on/off settings are $12 at the Home Depot. I use these on all my tanks and have never had a problem. Brand name is Intermatic.

How many outlets does this have?

They have one outlet. I just plug a powerbar into these, then plug all the tank lights into the powerbar.

I have one of the "powerbar with a timer built in" setups that runs my entire fish room, save for one tank. The rets of the tanks int he house have a single timer as noted above by Intermatic or whatever it is... they are 2 for $12 at WalMart.

The Powerbar one is nice, as it's got 2 daytime plugs, 2 night time plugs (which I run my heaters off of) and four fulltime plugs (for filters). It's cool to have every tank click on and off at the exact same instant, too rather than try and get a dozen or so timers to all work at the same time. I got it for Christmas, but I'm sure it was no more than $30 at Petsmart, and a LOT more at other places.

Hi:

Home Depot. Intermatic Timer model Standard. Electric clock and mechanical on/off. I think it was $8. I tried three different electronic timers and none of the three worked. Didn't need that kind anyway. They supposedly had 8 different time settings which I just don't need.

Cheers;

Edited by vic

Hi:

Home Depot. Intermatic Timer model Standard. Electric clock and mechanical on/off. I think it was $8. I tried three different electronic timers and none of the three worked. Didn't need that kind anyway. They supposedly had 8 different time settings which I just don't need.

Cheers;

So are you saying the Imtermatic Timer worked well or was one of the ones that didn't work for you?

Princess Auto has some good 3 prong (grounded) timers with the pins permanently built in (so they don't get lost). They were on sale a while ago but I can't remember what I paid at the time but I think it was about $8 each. Regular price will be higher. I like these ones (general electric) better than any of the other 4 types of timers I have.