Algae or what?

I purchased a used tank a while back. There was a bit of algae on the inside back of the tank. I scrubbed it all off. Since this film has developed on the same wall. It is similar to letting a salt water tank totally evaporate, it would leave the tank walls white from the dried salt (which would be difficult to get off also). It is like that but green. I cannot get it off. What is strange also is that it is inly on the back wall of the tank... front and sides are fine. I need some suggestions on what to use. Currently, I do have fish/plants in this tank that are fine. I haven't a clue what to do with this tank besides buy a new one. Suggestions please, anyone? Thanks in advance...

Have you tried a razorblade? I had the same problem in my 90 gallon - just on the back wall. Scraped it off with a razorblade every 5 days or so, decreased the time between water changes, and changed the position of the light over the tank - it's helped thus far....

*keeping fingers crossed*

Increase your CO2 a bit. If it's a small tank (<25gal), you might want to try adding Seachem Excel per the dosing instructions.

What type of bulb are you using for lighting?

Natural Glo (double bulbs)

Who long is your light on and does your tank get any direct sunlight?

About 12 hours and no sunlight (tank is in the basement)

Increase your CO2 a bit. If it's a small tank (<25gal), you might want to try adding Seachem Excel per the dosing instructions.

Have no CO2 :cry: It is a 20 gallon long, will try that Seachem Excel.

Thanks for all your help! Any other suggestions/opinions appreciated also, keep posting.

I had one tank that always seemed to grow algae in the same spot. Got mad :boom: and really scrubbed the hell out of it and it seemed to work. I read somewhere that even though it looks like it is gone there are still some small fibers attached to the glass.