Cinderblock tank shelf...?

Devon

I had a 35 gal on a cinderblock+plywood stand. Easy and cheep, that's why I used it. Then, so it didn't look too ugly, I put a sheet over it all (under the tank, of course).

Instead of using a sheet of plywood, how about using 2x10s? I have such a set-up; 4 50 gallon tanks on the lower shelf, and 5 50 gallon tanks on the second shelf.

That's a good idea. How do you position the cinderblocks and boards? Do the tanks have to be sitting on the cinderblocks directly, on the edges, or can it be supported by just the board? How many cinderblocks should I use? What's your design, for your rack?

Canadian Tire (as well as RONA and HD) sell a five shelf metal stand that is rated for 600 pounds per shelf, and each is 36" x 18"... for $80.

I watch the website and get them on sale for $55...

I split them up, and made two double shelves, each... one holds two twenties and a 33 up top, the other has a 35 on top and a couple smaller tanks below; they are as sturdy as a rock, seriously.

I live on the third floor of an old building... if it's not steady and solid, I don't even try to trust it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/pro...534374303517501

Canadian Tire (as well as RONA and HD) sell a five shelf metal stand that is rated for 600 pounds per shelf, and each is 36" x 18"... for $80.

I watch the website and get them on sale for $55...

I split them up, and made two double shelves, each... one holds two twenties and a 33 up top, the other has a 35 on top and a couple smaller tanks below; they are as sturdy as a rock, seriously.

I live on the third floor of an old building... if it's not steady and solid, I don't even try to trust it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/pro...534374303517501

I use this same shelving for my smaller tanks stands. The brand i use is called Spacemaker Pro Rack 5 Shelf. I have the same one as tanker and it makes 2 stands, with 2 shelves 36"x18". On one i have a 20gH and a 10g on top and a 25g on the bottom. On my other one i have my box turlte tank on top and a 15g on the bottom.

These shelves are rated for 600lbs per shelf but i wouldn't trust them to hold up much more then what i have on there now, around 30gals per shelf(so around 300lbs). But for 80$ its a deal. I just wish they had the 48" ones when i was buying.