Eggs...but what kind?

grumpy

Okay all you breeders out there,

I've never tried to get any of my fish to breed, but there are a bunch of eggs attached to the underside of a rock. They've been there a couple of days at least, and so far nobody is paying any attention. I'm wondering if they are from one of my snails. Here's a pic. Can anyone tell me what they are? And what should I do with them to protect them? Or just leave them alone?

Thanks all,

Jim

post-571-1147050336_thumb.jpg

What kind of fish do you have in the tank?

I guess I should have mentioned that....quite a variety!

yellow labs, c moori, blue haps, peacocks, angels, dwarf gouramis, assorted barbs and tetras, a few platys, and a golden a.e. Also, some snails; columbian rams horns, and zebra nerites.

Those eggs don't look like any I've seen, and the only thing that I haven't seen lay eggs from your list there is the zebra nerite.

They ARE snail eggs. Rams horns?

If you want snails just leave them alone, if you dont want more snails then reach in and pull themout.

Cool...I was kind of thinking Rams Horns. If so, they are from the snails I got from you a few months back. There look to be about 50 or more eggs...How many are likely to hatch and survive? Will the cichlids in my tank want them for lunch? If so, I would like to move them and save as many as possible.

Thanks,

Jim

Well, I think I now have some baby snails. Since I don't know what to look for, I'm assuming the unexplained tiny white dots that have appeared on the back glass are them. About 1 - 2 mm across I guess. Are these likely snails? Or ...???