This past auction...

I sold a few lots of rusty's and saulosi and made a buck or 2 off them...

The best part is that i only spent a dollar!!! It was the steel of the night picking up a Pheno (i'm almost sure its a female too :thumbs: )... it started at a buck... and it ended right there too!

Thanks Gina!!! sorry i got it for soooooooo low!

I was the guy in the oilers Jersey again! Dunl spotted me right a way and came over and said Hi!

It was nice meeting you!!!

I didn't make it over to see Val, but i did get a chance to talk to Gina (pop-eye) and Jason (jvision).

How did you all like the new location?

I liked the chairs! they were a billion more cumphy than the plastic ones at the hall.

All in all i though it was a good day for buying and not for selling...

I still had fun though!

nev

Edited by nevchewy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was definately a good day for buying, not selling. I couldn't believe how low things were going for. Unfortunately for the sellers, I think part of the issue was that 95% of the lots were auctioned off in bid increments of $1, and I would say that about 75% of them started too low. I think that put a run on people sitting back and waiting for stuff, as they figured they could get it for less if everything was going for cheap. If they had started off selling things higher, and bid increments of at least $5, people would have been more frnatic at buying, as you realize you might have less money to work with, and then you start thinking "I really need to win this lot, as I don't have enough money to buy many more lots!"

Easy to criticize, though, as I wasn't one of the guys up there volunteering.

However, if you were a buyer, it would have been a dream. I walked away with a huge water hyacinth for my father-in-law's 1500 gallon koi pond, a powerhead, and a filter that I thought was a powerhead - whoops. :lol: If I was getting into cichlids and not getting out, I would have probably come away with about 40 peacocks, some Victorians, and all of Nev's rusties and saulosi. I mean c`mon....$4 for a bag of saulosi?

Oh yeah.....Nev, would have nailed you for that pheno as well, or at least made you pay more for it. :lol:

I couldn't believe how erratic everything was! I mean, Nev scoring that Pheno for a buck, then a bag of 3 Red Zebras going for $20! Then the bidding war up to $50 or something crazy for a female Betta!!

I did OK - with how low everything was, I was surprised to get some decent prices for the stock I was selling.

Picked up a few lots for dirt cheep, too.

Was good to see some of the AA crew. Great to meet you, Darcy and Leon!

The auction was ok, didn't find anything to buy except a bag of java fern.

I have to agree with Darcy about the bidding. They started full grown adult africans at 2$ and then a bag platies or swordtails for 20$. It was a bit weird but oh well. If you were the buyer it was a sweet day, you could have stocked a big tank for super cheap.

I'm a bit mixed on the location. The chairs were definately more comfy but I like the hall better.

It was nice to finally meet Darcy and Rob. Sorry i missed you Nevin. For most of the day i was sitting with Gina and jason but you came over, I had just left to go sit with Ellie. Oh well maybe at the next one, lol.

Anyways, I still had fun. Even though it didn't buy anything its still nice hanging out with everyone.

Yeah What a bad day for me. LOL. Good for everyone who bought my stuff I guess

My f2 heredeons were 2 dollars each

my f2 red shoulders were 3 dollars each

my f1 Lwandas were 5 dollars each

my pheno 1 dollar

My 3 inch frontosas 6 dollars each

Oh do I need to go on more. LOL.

hahahahaha

Now im going to have to think of something else to make me some money so I can afford this week of Oiler partying. LOL

ANy ideas. hahahaha

I think the best part of the auction was Darcys comon plecos that uhh some one bid 20 dollars for. hehehehe

ANd I love how some one bought some salt water clown fish.. Cuz they thought they were clown loaches.

I liked the hall. More room to browse.

Well, at least that "someone" was able to unload them b4 he had to take them home..... I swear the auctioneer said "CLOWN PLECOS"

Sounds like fun...I wanted to go, but had a lot of work and out of town relatives this weekend, and would have been heading up on 1-2 hours sleep, which would have been no fun at all...especially on the drive back. WEre there any good killies/eggs or any oddballs?

Clown plecos/clown fish/common plecos...

they are all the same right...???

:rofl:

nev

Don't forget the Clown loaches!

My favorite lot of the day was the C. afra "Electric Yellow" pairs that were offered for sale!! I tell you, Christian, we really missed your auctioneering this time!

Clown plecos/clown fish/common plecos...

they are all the same right...???

Uhhmmmm, according to the auctioneer, they were:

"One pair of clown fish, clown loaches" - ?!!?!?? The guy who bought that bag wasn't too happy.

And yeah....who bags up one afra and one yellow lab - four or five times? And then they get auctioned off as pairs? Someone is going to be cheesed when they go online and find out the going perception of african hybrids....

Edited by dunl

Who ever brought those labs/afra pairs...

i bet they would have gotten more if they sold a group of labs (3-4 fish) and a Group of afra's (3-4 fish)...

Selling them as an adult colony would give the buyer a chance to see if they would breed for them...

not the brightest crayon on the box...

nor the sharpest tool in the shed!!

nev