Hi there

williewonka

Hi all.

New to the site but i guess not new to fish. Was away from them for a few years, I used to have 108 gal with some 5 lb oscars in it.

No one can say I do things half way. I started out the year with no tanks. Now I have a 10 gal with a couple of mollies and a couple of guppies, a 120 gal with 5 roughly 8 in redbellied piranhas and baby piranhas coming out of the woodwork.. around a hundred or so that are 5 or 6 weeks old in a 108 gal... a couple of hundred that are close to a month old in a 20 gal and a couple of batches i'm probably going to have to use as feeders as I have no more tanks to put them in. (anyone in the Red Deer area with some cheap tanks they don't need anymore??? lol)

Also, any of the members who might be connected to petstores in the area that might be interested in baby piranha in the near future.. let me know...

Site looks great... already met a couple of members.. hope to get to know more in the future...

Thanks... Fred

Hi Fred, welcome. At the rate you're going even if you find those couple of cheap tanks you'll be looking for a few more in another couple of weeks.

But they're sure not going to be easy fish to get rid of in Red Deer. Hopefully more of the Edmonton and Calgary stores will be able to help you out.

Thanks for all the words of welcome

Welcome to the site. If the price is right, I am sure Riverfront aquariums would buy a few piranha once they are 1" in length.

Who would I deal with there if I phoned? or can I deal with you?

Hi Fred, welcome. At the rate you're going even if you find those couple of cheap tanks you'll be looking for a few more in another couple of weeks.

But they're sure not going to be easy fish to get rid of in Red Deer. Hopefully more of the Edmonton and Calgary stores will be able to help you out.

Seeing as you have 2manytanks... maybe u should just give me a couple :)

I realize they're not going to that easy to get rid of here.. as one store doesn't even buy fish and i'm sure the other doesn't go through that many piranha. That's why i'm only raising a couple of batches more for the experience and to test the waters.

Welcome

Maybe stores in the Hat would take a few Piranhas.

Ill ask around, and let you know later.

Thanks, Vernco, I appreciate the effort.

Again , thanks for all the nice words of welcome.

Hopefully, I don't go nuts with all the tank changes (lot more work with babies) and decide to just sell off the tanks... :wacko:

Fred