Takifugu Ocellatus

fatpuffer

New puff I acquired. It is not the common T. ocellatus with a "saddle" and such. This was acquired from a group that has been in the LFS for at least one month.

It was the only one that looked like this. Judge for yourself. Body shape looks identical to T. ocellatus but just different patterns.

DSCN2765.jpg

DSCN2763.jpg

DSCN27590001TO1.jpg

DSCN27670001TO5.jpg

DSCN27640001TO3.jpg

This is a pic of a regular T. Ocellatus : http://www.ikanpemburu.com/Picture/Takifugu_ocellatus.jpg

Js

The tail actually is not too bad. It is a not a sore or a wound...had a closer look. When the tail is fully open, you cannot tell that it was even there. I think the flash made it look like that. He is rougher around the edges because he was in a tank with at least 20 more fugus. A little nip will heal with melafix.

Js

The red near the base of the tail could be bruising. Maybe the other puff nipped at him and did not break the skin but bruised the tail.

He is eating like a pig. I fed him freeze dried ghost shrimp and crays already.

Js

• 1 month later...

I love this guy. He is not as skittish as my old takifugu oblongus. I love his mottled orange look. ALl the orange disappears or becomes very pale when he is sleeping.

Midgetwaiter: you are correct...they grow much faster than I anticipated; very different compared to the other puffers I had/have. Hopefully I can keep him alive...they are notorius in unexplained death, hence a big "no-no" to keep in the pufferworld (well pufferforum).

Js