on line auction

Not a bad idea, but I'd probably suggest the online auction be open for more than just 1 day.... maybe 3?

Sounds good to me. Open for a couple of days so everyone could have a shot at it. Also alternate between Calgary and area, and Edmonton and area. Could also work it out to give something back to the site.

Edited by Vapor

id like to make it so that we all could participate in it at the same time. instead of haveing it edmonton and area -calgary and area- ect. we just have it so the buyer is responsible for shipping araingments. have 10 % of the sales go straight to the web site. mabey get the site sponsers to throw in a few donations. (100% of that goes straight to the site). run it for 3 days.....shloud be intersting to try just like our own little ebay without all the junk

Edited by edmguy

I've got some auction-site building software kicking around here... may be able to integrate the database with the forum's so that your username and password would work on there, too...

There are a lot of possible problems and logistic issues with this... I'll need some time to work them out.

I've got some auction-site building software kicking around here... may be able to integrate the database with the forum's so that your username and password would work on there, too...

There are a lot of possible problems and logistic issues with this... I'll need some time to work them out.

The ECAS just started an auctions subforum and bidding was by post, with a time deadline for the last bid....worked well enough, and was simple to implement.

The ECAS just started an auctions subforum and bidding was by post, with a time deadline for the last bid....worked well enough, and was simple to implement.

That's kinda what I was thinking, too. Could be pretty simple, tho a bit bush-league. Run it KISS a few times, then we can generate enough $$ to set it up all nice-like. :)

Howdy all,

I just finished building an online auction forum/site. I will be looking for people to help test in the next couple days. I will need people with paypal accounts and would prefer that they live in Edmonton. Anyways you can take alook now and give me your feedback on any bugs you come across. I just put this together so it is still very early in development and look forward to all feedback.

http://www.somethingsfishy.ca

You will notice the "auctions" link in the main heading.

Cheers,

Sammy

Howdy All,

Its up and running for those interested.

http://www.somethingsfishy.ca

I will be holding a live mini auction next weekend (Aug 18-20).

The site will be accepting paypal payments and cash on pickup or delivery. Right now the items I have on the auction site are and will be available, just not yet. I also will be working with setting up shipping fees based on the current rates with our postal services.

Thank you to those that have already signed up. More feedback is welcome.

Thanks again,

Sammy

Howdy

I am all up for supporting the site, I just recently posted some more details on somethingsfishy.ca with regards to that such question.

But it will be a public auction open to the public not just AA members. But AA will definalty receive kickbacks from it. For the time being there is no profit being made nor will there be made at this point.

Cheers, and keep the questions comming please.

Sammy

Edited by Sammy