A new, new shop....now with meaty details!

Toirtis

Very fresh from the local grapevine:

Looks like Calgary will be getting a new LFS.... "Elite Aquariums" will be located in 3000 sq ft on MacLeod Tr. near 74th Ave (just North of Chinook Centre), and will have at least 80 aquariums, probably a combination of FW & SW & pond. Looks like Danny Wai is a partner in this (not quite the superstore he was tumoured to be opening on his own a few months back, but still a good-sized store), along with (I believe) Kolby and one other chap. From their current state of completion, I am guessing a mid-late September opening.

I will keep everyone updated as I find things out. I am not sure if the current Wai's will be moving/closing, or if he will continue to operate in the north as well as this new location.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, more...this time direct from the horse's (Colby's) mouth. Projected opening is the Labour Day weekend....SW/FW/pond combo (as I knew it would be). Location is (7400 MacLeod Tr S) about 3 doors down from the south Fairs Fair bookshop, and although they are under construction, Colby says that anyone curious is welcome to come by and say 'hi'.

• 1 month later...
Looks like Calgary will be getting a new LFS.... "Elite Aquariums" will be located in 3000 sq ft on MacLeod Tr. near 74th Ave (just North of Chinook Centre), and will have at least 80 aquariums, probably a combination of FW & SW & pond. Looks like Danny Wai is a partner in this (not quite the superstore he was tumoured to be opening on his own a few months back, but still a good-sized store), along with (I believe) Kolby and one other chap. From their current state of completion, I am guessing a mid-late September opening.

Actually I heard it from Kolby when I started that "rumor". He told me that it was going to be the largest fishroom in Calgary. I just kept my mouth shut as to where I heard it from.... :eh:

Familiar with the term SAKU Christian

Edited by rudy

Familiar with the term SAKU Christian

Only in Japanese and Estonian, but since I suspect you speak neither, I am guessing that you are referring to something else.

Any new updates? Tanks atleast filled yet? or in?

Thanks!

No. It looks like they will be open no earlier than the 15th.