Does anyone know when the next ACE and CAS auctions are?

nevchewy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as a wife, and a "gun match this weekend widdow". Ask her nicely, let her know she comes first.Ask for her understanding in that the auction is not a negotiable date/time, but that you'll make the "US" time worth it for her. Put a lot of thought into what you'd like to do together, let her chose, and then throw in some surprises. BTW bring out the wedding album and go over the fun things that happened, the "remember whens". She'll melt and wont have any problem with you going anymore.

nov 5th isn't a long weekend is it?

i was a casualty may long.

yeah nev,

funny how one day a year is an absolute must to make so many things "official". never had a scheduling conflict with the auctions myself, so the gf has only laughed at the mention of a fish auction. lol

good luck

yeah nev,

funny how one day a year is an absolute must to make so many things "official".

That is about how i feel!

I still think marriage is no different to the days that we were together before we got married. The only difference i can find is now we sleep in the same bed and i have to wear a ring (another totally different issue!).

We were together for 8 years before we got married... you can call us high school sweet hearts.

we may have to make a comprimise...

i'm thinking that i will be able to drop off my lots... browse to see if there is anything that i need... give my money to a fellow aa member that can bid for me... leave the auction to spend the day with my wonderful wife (constantly thinking about if i won the lot or not)... probably a nice dinner to follow... on the way home pick up my lot's from this fellow aa member... get home and fight about i spent too much time with my fish on her... i mean our day.

life can be too complicated sometimes!

nev

yeah nev,

I still think marriage is no different to the days that we were together before we got married. The only difference i can find is now we sleep in the same bed and i have to wear a ring (another totally different issue!).

We were together for 8 years before we got married... you can call us high school sweet hearts.

i'm thinking that i will be able to drop off my lots... browse to see if there is anything that i need... give my money to a fellow aa member that can bid for me... leave the auction to spend the day with my wonderful wife (constantly thinking about if i won the lot or not)... probably a nice dinner to follow... on the way home pick up my lot's from this fellow aa member... get home and fight about i spent too much time with my fish on her... i mean our day.

The problem with to many relationships, is that people go into them thinking the other

person will change, the intersts or 'hobbies' will fade out etc, and as true dedicated fishaholics

we all know that wont happen. Best bet, either be involved with a fishy person, or with

someone who already has a 'grip' and knows that you and your hobby are like kids-

a package deal. My ex is an ex partly because he tried to change me. Dating a fishy

person isnt the whole answer, but it most definitely would help!

yeah nev,

nev

Sounds like wedded bliss to me!! :thumbs:

:eh:

The problem with to many relationships, is that people go into them thinking the other

person will change, the intersts or 'hobbies' will fade out etc, and as true dedicated fishaholics

we all know that wont happen.

I can only hope for 2 things in life as i have to realize a1foxes speaks the truth:

1 - when our house is built and we move in next year... I will get to setup my tanks!

and...

2 - if and when we have kids they will share and partake in my hobby!

nev

Edited by nevchewy

• 2 weeks later...

CAS AUCTION

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Place: Montgomery Community Hall:

5003 - 16 Avenue NW

Delivery of items: 9:00am - 10:30am

Item viewing: 10:00am - 11:00am

Auction starts: 11:00am sharp

Please contact Dave Howarth for your lot numbers. There will be a large variety of quality fish and equipment to bid on... it's guaranteed to be worth your while to check it out. We look forward to seeing you there!

Please contact Dave Howarth for your lot numbers.

This may change to Ward after the meeting tonight, so look for updates.

Nevermind....just talked with Dave, and he wants me to do it (Dave's wife's surgery was just bumped to the day after tomorrow, so he will be a bit busy for the next couple of weeks)....so:

For lots, contact me @ 277-7380 or toirtis@shaw.ca

This may change to Ward after the meeting tonight, so look for updates.

Nevermind....just talked with Dave, and he wants me to do it (Dave's wife's surgery was just bumped to the day after tomorrow, so he will be a bit busy for the next couple of weeks)....so:

For lots, contact me @ 277-7380 or toirtis@shaw.ca

Updated update....I have wriggled out of taking the lots, so from now on all lot requests go to Ward Pratt at wardpratt@shaw.ca or 288-5697.