Hello All!

stomper

Hi My name is Josh. I was drafted by degrassi from cichlid-forum.com. Thanks to J-ROC & the other mods for doing this!

I’m 24 from Edmonton, other interests include SCUBA!, rock climbing, Kawasaki Ninjas, & playing in a band. I’m a graphic designer that works downtown under buzzing florescent lights.

I have been a fish enthusiast for around 8 years. I’m not an ACE member, but I will show up at auctions & play the part of the noob. Which, I feel I am, some guys/girls just amaze me with their extensive knowledge.

So until about half a year ago my fav. has been brackish tanks because the puffer was always my favorite fish. Then I decided to follow suit & make an African tank. Decided to start off with mostly Pseudotropheus vartites. Let me tell you, I was told a million times I would never go back, I think those people are right! Sorry, I waited so long.

I always have a peaceful community tank going, quite a variety of fish.

Nothing too interesting to mention in there, but I do have a breeding pair of endangered Rivulus Tenuis. Hope I can get that going. Also some freakishly large weather loaches & freakishly nice Blue Paradise.

The Cichlids:

Most are Juv, I’m going to need another tank sometime. Here’s what I got (75Gal):

3 Pseudotropheus saulosi (Male is trying for Alpha , & failing)

3 Otopharynx lithobates (Quite young, cant wait till change!)

1 Maylandia estherae (Red Zebra)

2 Neolamprologus pulcher (Daffodil)

1 Pseudotropheus msobo (Magunga Red)

1 Pseudotropheus zebra

1 Pseudotropheus socolofi ALBINO (snow white)

1 Jack Dempsey (rescued him, surprisingly docile, we’ll see if it works)

Unfortunately my petricola was toast real quick in this tank (?), so I got a eupterus (Featherfin Squeaker) with a bit more attitude. He’s doing great.

Male BN Pleco

I also have a couple unidentified.

Nice to be here, hope some of you are up for trades later!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool you guys go to local bands. I bet a million dollars i've seen you two around.

Harley Beautiful (a member here) is a good friend of mine, and play's in a band too. Eg. The Jeffersons, The Hummers, Drool, and the new one HiLo.

What is your bands name?

I would love to come to one of your shows and throw beer at you. :lol: *elbows and knuckles*

Well, at the moment my band has no name. And I really doubt you’ve seen any of my previous bands, unless you like to hang out in the dingiest holes in Edmonton (ex. the fox).

But I do spend a lot of nights checking out all the other local bands. You may have seen me. My favorite place is the New City downtown. I’m kinda surprised I never heard of any of Harley Beautiful’s bands.

This weekend I’m going to see one of my old favorites that put the Edmonton local scene on the map, SNFU.

Oh the Fox and Hound, Been there.

Come on just tell us some names.

SNFU = Classic

poop last time they played at the Polish Hall, i was working merch for them.

Chi walked over w/ two boxes of shirts he had just bought from value village(some had the tags on them still) and on the front of the box he had written "MR Chi Pigs Hard-Core punk rock t-shirts $15"

They sold out in about a half a hour. Believe that! :lol:

lol :P

I think i have heard of hte jeffersons but i dont' think i have seen them play. I haven't been to as many shows as i used to. I was telling Josh that if you see me at a show you wouldnt' forget me, I'm 6'5". So if you ever see a really tall girl with brown long hair its probably me(unless there is another freakishly tall girl running around i dont' know about :D )

J-ROC are you planning on going to the SNFU show? I'm hoping to if i can get soem friends to come.

No i can't i'am working all the time lately, cause i have to go to school again and want to buy a house.

The Jeffs, the Humms, and Drool are all old names of the bands. HiLo is his new one.

What are some of the shows you have been to? And your Fav local bands?

Does anyone know what time the dorr are for the SNFU concert? I may be able to go but not untill later(my friend doesn't get off work untill 10:00pm).

Some of my fav local bands are the operators,Mad bombers society and wednesday night heros.There are a few more but i can't think of them right now, i have to go eat supper :)