edmonton auction information

edmguy

was curious to see what some of the club members that are AA members wopuld like to share information on what they plan on selling. this way if we all communicate we dont flood the auction with stuff devalueing our lots. and also joe q-public can see whats gonna be up for grabs.........any takers?

The best way to advoid flooding as You call it is to simply bring no more than 1 item of each. There can be 8 of the same items at an auction and I will find the best one and bid on that. Better quality equals better price. Originality is not always the key. I have seen newly imported fish sell at tiny prices due to lack of knowledge. Also, a good auctioneer can sell anything high, I learned this well at the Regina auction. Tiger val sold for $8.00 and over per bag and there was over 20 bags. My best advice is don't make Eugene mad before the auction or You might be selling a bag of 5 orange lazer cories for $6.00 because he talked crud about them before selling them.

I think I'll be bringing almost all plants. Some equipment, too. I don't have many fish, right now - I'll be looking for some at the auction, tho!

PS buy Ken and Christian beer and pizza and let them sell those ramshorn snails that are one of a kind for the big bucks, it will be well worth the investment...lol

Ah, the reputation of the $23 plain betta and the $24 Java moss will be with me for years, I see.

what about your club record on that hundred and something dollar

pleco......

Yes and no....at least that fish was typically 'worth' in that neighbourhood.....Java moss typically goes for $3-$6 for a bag, so $24 for a similar bag was extraordinary. And to be fair, neither was a record...we have had fish go for more, and plants go for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if my Membership registration ever gets sorted out, I will be bring some nice pairs of Albino and Rainbow guppies (different varieties) 4 or 5 Pairs of Betta including Crown Tails, Half Moons and Dragons also a new kind of wild betta X called Toy Betta. Cory's, Albino Swords and anything else that arrives tomorrow in my box from Thailand. I havnt heard back as to wether anyone recieved my membership form so i am just going to show up on Sunday New form, cash and fish in hand and hope that they will let me sell them ! :D Please Please Please. I will beg if i have too ! Look forward to meeting you all there

Rose