C. Azureus

Go4Long

ok, so I have pretty much settled on the idea that the big guy that was supposed to be a red empress is probably not(although it's still possible), now I showed a picture of my electric blue to the guys at golds and immediately they say he's a hybrid too(I actually already found him a new home because I was literally that upset about this whole thing)...he's a gorgeous fish...but if he is a hybrid then he limits what else I can put in the tank with him, and that's not so good for me...so here's the pics and let's see what kind of guesses you guys can come up with

newfish3.jpg

newfish4.jpg

Maybe PM someone from the ACE and tell them the lot # you bought these fish from - you may be able to find out who you bought them from, and inform them that they should stop selling hybrids as pure strains.

Sorry you are having such crappy hybrid luck.

ah well, it happens, I found him a home alone with the female that came with him in a 48 gallon tank, I'm sure the guy will end up putting some other cichlids in with him, but at least for now he'll be alone for a while. He came from someone local, and I've let him know that it is a hybrid. Some of the people(the guy that has the fish now included) think I'm being silly by taking such a nice looking fish out of the tank, but I want the most striking fish in the tank to be something that is what it's supposed to be.

and jvision, he was not from the auction and I don't know the lot number of the red empress.

Edited by Go4Long