Free fish

Kevin

In fact, there are people who make a living doing this kind of thing! (I think someone on these forums was even talking about doing that a lot, dunl maybe?)

That is one of the most wacked out, but at the same time kinda funny, posts I have seen in a while.

I coulda sworn someone here does that...

Guess not dunl!

-Hideo

Really? Taking fish offered for free and selling them to other members? Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak for the staff of AA (and Jay can correct me if I'm wrong), but to make this really clear....

If we catch someone on here doing that, we will severely punt their profit-making @$$ outta Dodge City. :guns:

That is NOT what this community is about.

Edited by dunl

Fred, I am glad the fish got a good home where they can school and thrive. My post was a general observation and not an attack on you or Lorenzo.

All - I think there are some really valid opinions from both sides. I hope by starting this post I have added to our comunnity a little - next time it comes up maybe members will weigh both sides.

Kevin

Edited by dunl

All - I think there are some really valid opinions from both sides. I hope by starting this post I have added to our comunnity a little - next time it comes up maybe members will weigh both sides.

Kevin

I think you succeeded very well in what you set out to do Kevin. Kind of a gutsy topic to bring up, but sometimes we need that one here. :)

I coulda sworn someone here does that...

Guess not dunl!

-Hideo

Really? Taking fish offered for free and selling them to other members? Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak for the staff of AA (and Jay can correct me if I'm wrong), but to make this really clear....

If we catch someone on here doing that, we will severely punt their profit-making @$$ outta Dodge City. :guns:

That is NOT what this community is about.

Dunl has perdy much covered it right there. :beer:

I don't see what's so wrong with that.

I have to house a fish, feed it etc. for however long it takes. Plus I get it out of a potentially bad home of someone who's just "taking it" because it's free, and I turn around and sell it to someone that can actually care for it.

-Hideo

That's the problem.

Plus I get it out of a potentially bad home of someone who's just "taking it" because it's free

And place it into "a potentially bad home of someone" taking the fish who is only interested in turning a profit.

and I turn around and sell it to someone that can actually care for it.

Instead of letting them take it for free in the first place, they now have to buy it from you. Nice one.

Which is why I'm going to suggest that you stop posting in this thread.

Like mentioned above, this is not what AA is about.

Tell you what...if you ever win the lottery, give all the money to me, and

I will do you and the money a big huge favour by allowing you to purchase it from me.

Trust me... Do yourself a favour and stop posting in this thread.

Edited by dunl

I have to admit that I looked at the thread and allot of other threads that have the word free in them or if it looks like a good deal. I have wanted discus for a while now but I know that at this point in time I don’t have the space or the time to do 3 50% water changes a week. I was ready to get in to discus about a year ago, and that is what stopped me. They are a beautiful fish but not for the beginner or some one who has not done their home work.

The first thing I usually do when I see a add for a fish for sale, I Google it get my info and them decide to contact the seller or not. Or if it’s a fish I have experience with, I make sure I have the room for it, so that the wife doesn’t kill me for starting another tank.

Just my 2 cents,

dunl I have to ask where do you get all the hitman pic's I love that game.

Edited by lukep77