DIY 150gal stand

Leon71

My attempt at a DIY stand has become somewhat of an obsession. I got the idea from Rob at Majestic Aquariums. His stands have been an inspiration for me. I've had to change a couple of things along the way, but it is well worth the effort. 5/8" plywood structure with 3/4" knotty pine laminated and biscuit jointed together. The doors will be 3/4" MDF panels sitting flush with the outside face. The FX5 just fits in one of the end compartments. I still have to stain it, put the floor in, add the doors and end panels. I have also taken the time to make the back similar to the front. Just in case it is ever going to be used as a room divider. There will be a matching canopy on top as well. I will post more pics as things progress. Thanks for looking. Leon

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/Leon71/HPIM0734.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/Leon71/HPIM0728.jpg

Very nicely done I,m looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I had a very productive Saturday. I cut, routered, and drilled (for hinges) all of the doors. But damn that MDF is dusty stuff. Just a quick sanding around the edges and I can paint all the doors black. Then finish up on the top of the stand, and start staining. I should be able to do "the reveal" sometime around mid-January. All the best, Leon :D

Oh yeah, a couple pics as well.

HPIM0793.jpg

HPIM0794.jpg

Edited by Leon71

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that looks awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...