giant squid

dunl

Nope, that's a small one - only 24ft. Think of what a 60 foot pappa looks like.

Actually, Architeuthis reach only about 25' in total length, it is their larger cousin, Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni, that can reach (and possibly exceed) 50' in length....a large, mature M. hamiltoni would be a nightmare and then some...the strength of such a creature would be staggering.

Actually, Architeuthis reach only about 25' in total length, it is their larger cousin, Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni, that can reach (and possibly exceed) 50' in length....a large, mature M. hamiltoni would be a nightmare and then some...the strength of such a creature would be staggering.

And that's why you are the zoologist, and I'm not. :bow:

I watched an awesome documentary on giant squid a few years ago. They were off the coast of newzealand and they were catching baby giant squids(tiny little larva babies). It was one of the coolest shows.

I remember that...it was a great show...pity none of the captured larvae survived, though.

Has anyone seen the whale and the squid?

• 3 weeks later...

Well enjoy watching the vidoes, and viewing the photographs of the whale and squid species off the coast of Japan. If those... goofy little fellows keep up what they're doing, we won't have any left. You know they eat things that they don't even know wtf they are, caught by their "researchers" ugh!!!!

Don't get me wrong I am pasionate about the Japanese culture, I am taking Japanese 10 and am learning plenty. And although I don't believe in any earthly (or human) higher powers, I do think that someone should play the babysitter and stop them from wiping the earth clean of these animals.

Sorry for the rant, nice squid

Taylor

Edited by Slough Shark